Tuesday, August 24, 2010

hi I'm Zoe !

I should start by introducing myself. I’m Zoe Jaboor, a skier based out of Mt Buller.
I have been an athlete and coach for TBR (Team Buller Riders) for 12 years. I started out by competing in moguls and then learnt that bumps really hurt your knees so moved onto free-riding. I have been competing in free-riding events in Australia and North America for 7 years and have been supported by fantastic brands such as Roxy, Armada, Dalbello, Smith and Skullcandy. Now I just love anything about skiing. There’s nothing better than getting out first thing and making your mark on fresh corduroy down the summit, getting lost in fresh snow amongst the trees or just having a fun day a park somewhere ... it’s all fun and it’s what makes us all skiers!

In addition to my work with TBR, I am also a qualified judge in moguls, aerials and half-pipe for Australia. This means that I am often required to travel around the world to various resorts to judge (it’s a tough gig but somebody has to do it!) My years are often filled up with a cycle of seasons between the Southern and the Northern Hemisphere winters. Somewhere in there I love to get out in the surf with my sister at Juc. 

I am super pumped this season as it marks the first year of Chicks with Stix. Along with 4 of my best mates, we get to head up a this new initiative called Chicks with Stix which will be rolled out across Mt Buller encouraging young girls to get into freestyle skiing. Skiing has given each of us so much and we cant see why other girls shouldn’t be giving as much fun as we are. This program will increase the social connection amongst girl skiers and help them reach their potential as skiers!

So if you are interested in taking the next step in your skiing – come along to our freeride sessions.

Hope to see you all there!

Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment