Saturday, November 3, 2012

Learning to fly

words by Britt Cox
Here is a pic of me having a flying lesson for my 18th birthday. But different to being in the air on skis but still lots of fun! 

It’s just less than 3 weeks until the northern winter starts for me. I have been soaking up the sun while studying for my year 12 exams because I won’t be seeing much of that once my season starts in Ruka, Finland (its dark most of the day there at this time of the year).  

I am going to be starting the season in Ruka with the Aussie mogul team where we will have a few weeks training before the first world cup of the season. The Ruka course is a great but challenging course and I am really looking forward to getting back onto it. After Ruka we travel to Austria for another world cup and then I get to spend Christmas with my brother in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 

As a team we will then follow the Mogul World Cup tour through North America and to Sochi, Russia. Our plans have not yet been finalized beyond the test world cup event in Sochi but we have plenty of skiing to keep us happy between now and then. 

I am very exited for the season and am looking forward to taking my water ramping skills onto snow. All the best to anyone heading overseas for the Northern winter, have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment