Saturday, June 23, 2012

Coach Profile: Hannah Studd

Hannah about to get some pow pow
Home resort: Hotham
Riding since: let’s say 10 years
Favourite memory in the snow: oohh dropping into HV first after being skidoo-d to the top after a 40cm dump was quite memorable! And riding big bear with phoeebs.. FUN IN THE SUN!
Best achievement in the snow: Winning Hotham freestyle series back to back and Undefeated C grade doubles darts champions. Thanks to my darts partner Sharon Peel.
Favourite resort: Mt Hotham always, and a soft spot for big bear.

Hi I’m Hannah and I’m a snowboarder from Mt Hotham and pumped to be a part of Chicks with Stix  snowboarding! I have spent the last 6 winters at Mt Hotham working with the girls freestyle program and the Mt Hotham park team. At night I work at Mt Hotham’s hot spot, the General with the best crew in the world!


Floating through snow gums
I’ve spent many a winter away in Japan, Canada, sunny California and New Zealand and have been lucky enough to ride some amazing terrain. I have competed here in Aus as well as in North America and had the opportunity to ride with some ripping snowboarders. I love riding both the park and backcountry and can’t wait for the 2012 winter to bring us some pow days!

I’ve had so much support over the years from some great companies like Dragon, Capita snowboards, Union, NIKITA, Rizen, and more locally, awesome up and coming Aussie companies, Obvious and White Ninja.

Hannah showing us how it's done at Mt Hotham
I have also worked with some great photographers and videographers and closely with Mt Hotham Ski Company, who I would like to thank for all of their support over the years.

When I’m not at Hotham I reside in Jan Juc and love going for a surf with one of the other very talented Chicks with Sticks coach Zoe Jaboor, and her lovely sister Anita.

Backcountry airtime

No comments:

Post a Comment