Thursday, June 28, 2012

Coach Profile: Anna Segal

Spanner getting cosy with her koala and her X Games Bronze (2012)
Hi, I'm Anna, some call me Spanna, whichever you are most comfortable with! I grew up skiing in Mt. Buller. I raced as a kid, then switched to skiing moguls when I was 15. I started competing at international mogul events when I was 16 and had an amazing time traveling and training with the Australian development team.

After a few years of this, I decided to give free-skiing a try. Free-skiing to me is one of the most fulfilling aspects of my life. You are constantly challenging yourself and achieving things you never thought possible. There is never a dull day as there is always something new to learn. You can be creative, active and inspired all while hanging out with your friends! 

 
Free-skiing has taken me to all corners of the globe where I have met amazing people from different walks of life. Not to mention the opportunity to ski some epic terrain. 

Anna at the Suzuki Nine Queens 2011

Currently I am in training in conjunction with OWI to qualify for the Sochi 2014 Olympics for the first ever Olympic Ski Slopestyle event.

Competing at WSI 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment