Thursday, August 4, 2011

JNATS!!

JNats Australian Mogul Championships exploded on Saturday at Mt Buller and Chicks with Stix had some of their closest friends competing, judging, and taking photos.

 Ever since we have competed in moguls there has always been far more boys competing than girls sometimes even double. However, this weekend there were more Junior girls than boys competing, which is so cool and just demonstrates how girls are making there way into freestyle skiing.

Britt Cox took out 1st place with a nail biting run, landing a sweet 3 at the top and a back cross down the bottom.

Bitt said “JNats was so much fun on the weekend. It was a great feeling to be back in the start gate and TBR did an awesome job on the course. I was stoked with my qualifications run and also pretty happy that I beat my time in the finals. I was impressed with all the girls skiing but especially the youth girls. There were so many young girls competing on the weekend and I could really see that the water jumping they did during autumn paid off! “

Pip Sparrow, who has been a long time supporter of CwS and was a CwS Chick of the Week last year, put down a smoking run in the finals to place 4th.
Pip said "JNats was great! It was so good to see such a strong field of girls competing. My qualifying run was interesting as I competed a new trick but luckily it just scraped me through to finals where i skied a conservative run that ended me up in 4th."

The level of skiing was absolutely amazing with many girls performing back flips and/or 360's. It is hard to imagine what tricks the girls will be performing in the years to come. In particular Jakara Anthony was outstanding as  she was the first ever youth girl perform a back flip in a Australian competition. So congrats to Jakara - keep up the good work!

Now with Nationals and Abom just around the corner things are just starting to heat up (including the snow) :(

Zoe and Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment