Friday, June 10, 2011

Channel 7 Sunrise at Buller

Last night I drove up to Buller, all alone :( and arrived at an empty, freezing cold apartment. After wrapping myself in three doonas and setting up two heaters by my bed, I could still feel the chill creeping in. But I was happy. This is a good sign for the aussie ski season. The ground is covered with snow and the trees encrusted with white stuff. I can't remember the last time I saw Buller looking so good in June.

This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn to meet the channel 7 crew over at the Chalet Hotel. No coffee was offered to me, so I stole Harro's. He was drinking a Red Bull, so I figured he didn't need any more caffeine.


My stint on TV was short and sweet. I skied a few turns, jumped to switch, almost caught an edge, then met Grant at the bottom for a quick chat.

Harro and Gill helping out

Ahh! So many cameras on me. Even though it was only a few questions, I was pretty nervous.

I arrived back home to this beautiful view out my window. Iphone pics never do the landscape justice. But you get the idea.

- Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment